Active Protection System Manager controls accelerometers on laptops that have ThinkVantage Technologies for LDMS installed.
To configure the Active Protection System
- Select Tools | ThinkVantage | Active Protection System Manager.
- Access the Active Protection System Configuration window by clicking on the New Active Protection Configuration Configuration button on the toolbar or by right-clicking on Active Protection Configurations and selecting New.
- To turn on the Active Protection System, click Enable Active Protection System.
- Under Settings, select the level of shock detection sensitivity you prefer. You can also choose to actively ignore repetitive shocks or allow the user to manually suspend Active Protection.
- Under Notification, you can choose to have an Active Protection icon displayed in the system tray. If you selected to allow the user to manually suspend Active Protection, you can select to have the system prompt you to manually suspend APS when the hard drive is stopped.
- Select whether or not you want users without administration privileges to be capable of making changes to the APS settings.
- Click Create at the bottom of the window to save the configuration.
Follow the same procedure to schedule the distribution of profiles that you use to schedule all other types of tasks in the console. For more information, see Scheduling tasks.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Copyright © 2016, LANDESK. All rights reserved.