The ThinkVantage Productivity Center consists of two utilities: Productivity Center Configuration, which can create system utility Quick Links on the main Productivity Center window, and ThinkVantage System Update Configuration, which facilitates the process of updating the ThinkVantage utilities.
Productivity Center Configuration
To adjust Productivity Center Configurations
- Select Tools | ThinkVantage | Productivity Center Configuration.
- Access the Productivity Center Configuration window by clicking the New Productivity Center Configuration button or by right-clicking on Product Center Configurations and selecting New.
- Select up to 5 links to display in the Quick Links section of the Productivity Center. New links can be created by clicking the New button.
- Under Customization, you can change the color scheme settings displayed in your productivity center window. White and black are the default options, but you can click New to enter custom color scheme settings such as font color and background images. When you have finished entering custom color scheme settings, click OK.
- Click Save.
Possible Quick Link options include (among others): Find Wireless Networks, Enter Standby Mode, Launch Disk Cleanup, and Defragment Hard Disks.
ThinkVantage System Update Configuration
To configure ThinkVantage System Updates
- Select Tools | ThinkVantage | ThinkVantage System Update Configuration.
- Access the ThinkVantage System Update Configuration window by clicking the New TVSU Configuration button on the toolbar or by right-clicking on TVSU Configurations and selecting New.
- Enter the TVSU Configuration Name.
- Enter the location of the TVSU Configuration Repository. This can be a UNC location or a local path.
- Enter the user name and password.
- If you select Enable automatic updates, you will need to select a package type, an update frequency, and on which day and at what time the update will commence. You will also have to pick your notification preferences.
- Click Save.
Follow the same procedure to schedule the distribution of configurations that you use to schedule all other types of tasks in the console. For more information, see Scheduling tasks.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Copyright © 2016, LANDESK. All rights reserved.