Use the Tools > Options dialog's Change settings tab to adjust the remote control settings.
- Allow autoscroll: Enables the viewer window to scroll as you move the cursor closer to the window border. The closer you move to the border, the faster the scrolling occurs.
- Lock out the remote keyboard and mouse: Locks the remote device's keyboard and mouse so that only the person running the viewer can control the remote device. Note that special key combinations in Windows such as "Ctrl+Alt+Del" or the "Windows Key+L" aren't locked out.
- Synchronize clipboards to paste between local and remote computers: Synchronizes the keyboards between the local and remote device so you can paste information between the two devices.
- Hide the remote computer screen: Hides the remote device's screen so only the person running the remote viewer can see the screen on the remote device.
- Always ask to clear remote computer's screen when starting remote control: Asks the remote user if it's OK to blank their screen during remote control. When this is selected, the Hide remote computer screen option's state doesn't matter.
- Lock the remote computer when the session ends: When the session ends, activates the operating system's lock feature. This enables the remote control operator to complete their work and then leave the user's system in a secure state while the user is away or until they are ready to resume following a remote control session.
- Auto keyboard mapping: You should keep this option selected. It remaps the target device's keyboard so it matches the administrator's. This helps ensure what the administrator is typing appears correctly on the target device. This is especially useful when the administrator and target keyboards are based on different alphabets or languages.
- Enable old agent compatibility (pre-8.5 agents): LANDESK changed remote control security and added a new remote control viewer in version 8.5. If you have remote control agent versions on your network that are pre-8.5, you can check this option to allow the new remote control viewer to communicate with these older agent versions.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Copyright © 2016, LANDESK. All rights reserved.