Configuring remote KVM access
You can use KVM access to remotely manage Intel vPro devices (AMT version 6 or later). This allows an IT admin to view the full screen of the client device with complete keyboard, mouse, and video control of the device.
When an AMT device is provisioned, KVM function is enabled by default. However, User-Consent is on. To override this option, disable the KVM default on the core. KVM function is restricted to a licensed core or console. A standalone remote control viewer is unable to use KVM function.
To configure KVM settings on a client
- Click Configure > Intel vPro Options > KVM Configuration.
- In the KVM Enablement box, click Enable KVM to enable KVM usage.
- In the Default User Consent Policy box, select Enable user consent and timeout after and enter a number (in seconds) after which a user must provide a one-time password to the console operator.
- If you choose not to use the user consent option, click Disable User Consent.
- In the Session Timeout box, enter a number (in minutes) a remote control TCP session can go in inactivity before a session closes. This is disabled if User consent is disabled (previous step).
- Click OK.
KVM is accessed from the right-click menu at the LANDESK console. The KVM Remote Control option will only appear on devices that have been provisioned, KVM enabled, and that support KVM.
Note: vPro KVM will only work with a device that has integrated graphics. A machine with a discrete graphics chip-set cannot be remote controlled through vPro and the KVM option will not appear in the right-click menu.
- KVM does not support applicable remote control policy settings.
- No “view only” or “permission required” remote control policy can be applied to KVM connection. The “permission required” can be treated as “user consent code required” option in AMT configuration and that should be set from AMT setting instead of from the RCViewer.
- KVM does not support the remote control options in the agent configuration.
- KVM does not support File transfer, Remote Execute, Chat, and Draw features with KVM connection.
- KVM does not support the remote control blank screen option.
- If the client machine is provisioned into Client Control Mode, User Consent cannot be disabled.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2016, LANDESK. All rights reserved.