Management and Security powered by Landesk
About the Data Protection Server: Database Connection page
Use this page to configure a connection to the Data Protection database used by the Ivanti core server. The connection to the Data Protection database may be read only for the account used since information is only read from that database and written to the Ivanti core database.
This page contains the following options:
- Database server: Name of the server hosting the Data Protection database.
- Database name: Name of the Data Protection database. This may include the instance name with a backslash before the database name, if an instance name is used. For example, for the database named "dataprot" in the "eng" instance, it would be "eng\dataprot".
- User name: Enter a valid user name for the Data Protection database you want to add (configure).
- Password: Enter the password for the user specified above.
- Test: Verifies whether the server information you've entered represents a valid server on your network. The test will begin automatically if you pause when entering database server, name, user names, or password. In other words, you don't necessarily have to click the Test button. Icons on the right will indicate the fields that failed the test.
- Cancel test: Terminates the server verification process.
- Save: Saves your changes and closes the dialog.
- Cancel: Closes the dialog without saving your changes.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.