Management and Security powered by Landesk
This section describes the hardware and software requirements for the Ivanti plus HP Management installation, and for the HP devices you want to manage via the Ivanti console with the integrated HP tools.
You must comply with the following prerequisites in order to install, configure, and use the Ivanti plus HP Management tools in your network environment.
HP client prerequisites
Standard HP client devices must have:
- A supported Windows OS.
- Standard Ivanti agent installed (configured for Alerting, and Real-time Inventory and Monitoring). For more information, see Configure HP devices for Ivanti management tasks.
- CMI providers installed. This HP update is titled "HP Client Management Interface Software Providers" (NOTE: If it's not already installed, you can download and install the file from the HP website.)
- Retail Point-of-Sale (RPOS) providers installed. This HP update is titled "HP Retail Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Provider" (NOTE: If it's not already installed, you can download and install the file from the HP website.)
NOTE: Download and install the CMI and RPOS providers via the Ivanti console
If they're not already installed, you can download and install the CMI and RPOS providers on HP devices remotely via the Ivanti console. Use the Ivanti Management Suite's Patch and Compliance tool or Software Distribution tool.
These features only work on HP ElitePad tablets:
- HP remote secure erase
- Get the most recent reported location
- Mark as lost
- Trigger a Windows 8 refresh
- Trigger a Windows 8 reset
You can now scan the "managed" HP device, view the device inventory, configure BIOS and TPM chip settings, create and deploy HP Software Policies with associated HP Power Assistant setting, use the HP Battery Check and HP Connection Manager tools, etc. For more information, see .
HP Thin Client prerequisites
HP Thin Client devices must have:
- Either Windows Embedded Standard 7 Enterprise (WES7), Windows Embedded Standard 09 Enterprise (WES09), or HP ThinPro Ubuntu OS running on the device. (IMPORTANT: HP ThinPro Ubuntu currently supports ONLY the standard Ivanti agent Inventory service.)
- Standard Ivanti agent installed. For more information, see Configure HP Thin Client Windows Embedded Standard (WES) devices.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.