Management and Security powered by Landesk
Deploying alert rulesets
This product includes predefined alert rulesets that can be deployed to managed devices. Note that each managed device must have a management agent installed before you can deploy an alert ruleset to the device and before it can send alerts to the core server.
When the monitoring agent is installed to a managed device, the Ivanti default ruleset is installed to provide health status feedback to the health dashboard and console. This default ruleset includes alerts such as:
- Disk added or removed
- Drive space
- Memory usage
- Temperature, fans, and voltages
- Remote control activities
- Performance monitoring
- IPMI events (on applicable hardware)
- Inventory scanner alerts
- Connection control manager actions
- Ivanti Antivirus status
- Network access control status
- Client database utility
- Security and Patch Manager alerts
You can modify the Ivanti default ruleset to include the alerts you want to monitor.
Custom alert rulesets
In addition to the default rulesets, you can configure and deploy custom alert rulesets. You can include custom alert actions to respond any combination of events. For example, you may want to define one set of actions for events on managed desktop devices (such as sending an e-mail to the hardware support team) and a different set of actions for managed servers (such as sending a pager message to the admin).
Process for deploying rulesets
The general process for deploying alert rulesets to managed devices is as follows:
- Create or edit the ruleset.
- Create a task to schedule deployment of the ruleset.
- Select the devices to which you will deploy the ruleset, and run the scheduling task.
- If a ruleset includes performance monitor alerts, open the Real-time inventory and monitoring console for each device with that ruleset and define the performance monitor counters for the device.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.