Management and Security powered by Landesk
Create an LDAP directory query
The task of creating a query for a directory and saving that query is divided into two procedures:
To select an object in the LDAP directory and initiate a new query
- From the Network view, click Directory > (your configured active directory) > Browse directory.
- Right-click an object in the LDAP directory and click New query. You'll create an LDAP query that returns results from this point in the directory tree down.
- The Basic LDAP query dialog box appears.
To create, test, and save the query
- From the Basic LDAP query dialog box, click an attribute that will be a criterion for the query from the list of directory attributes (example = department).
- Click a comparison operator for the query (=,<=, >=) .
- Enter a value for the attribute (example department = engineering).
- To create a complex query that combines multiple attributes, select a combination operator (AND or OR) and repeat steps 1 through 3 as many times as you want.
- When you finish creating the query, click Insert.
- To test the completed query, click Test query.
- To save the query, click Save. The saved query will appear by name under Saved queries in the directory pane of directory manager.
Was this article useful?
The topic was:
Not what I expected
Copyright © 2017, Ivanti. All rights reserved.